Car insurance is an essential part of your overall financial plan. It is important (and required by law) to protect yourself from liability from damage to property and others in the event of an accident. Additionally, some car insurance policies also provide protection for your own vehicle if you have an accident. There is a trade-off between cost and coverage selected, but at Miller Family Insurance we can help you choose the correct coverage for you in terms of protection, as well as budget.
With Miller Family Insurance, we can help you pick the set of insurance coverages that fits you.
All of our car insurance policies include certain basic coverages. These limit your out-of-pocket costs if you have an accident. This will include:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability - This covers your liability in the event you are in an accident that injures another person or their property, up to the limits of the policy.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage - This will help to protect you in the event you are hit by someone that does not have insurance or doesn't have enough insurance.
Some additional insurance coverages are available. These include:
- Collision Insurance - This coverage reimburses you for damage to your vehicle due to an accident in which you were at fault. If you were not at fault, this is covered by the other driver's insurance policy.
- Loan/Lease Payoff - If you buy a new (or used with a loan) car, you will be required to carry this coverage. This pays the remaining amount owed on your loan or lease in the event your car is declared a total loss after an accident, or your car stolen and not recovered.
- Medical Payments - This will help to cover the medical expenses of covered drivers or passengers after an accident, regardless of who was at fault. This takes effect after your health insurance amounts are exceeded. It may also help to defray funeral expenses
- Custom Parts and Equipment - This is a coverage you may choose if you have expensive add-ons to your car such as custom rims, chrome, enhancements to the engine or suspension, or high end stereo equipment (and more).
- Rental Reimbursement - If you're in an accident that requires your car to be at the shop for a few days, your insurance can reimburse you for the costs of a rental car in the meantime if you have this coverage.
- Roadside Assistance - This is a very popular add-on for your car insurance. If you have this coverage, someone can come help you if you run out of gas, need a jump start, a tire changed, or lock your keys in your car.
Other ways to customize your car insurance
You can also customize your car insurance policy according to the limits you set or the deductible you pay. Higher limits will provide you additional protection in the event of an accident, but they will increase your payment. Your deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage starts paying out. You can keep a higher deductible to lower your monthly premium.
Get local and friendly service when it comes to auto and home insurance.
If you live in the Niles, Warren Ohio community or the surrounding then we are looking to service your insurance needs. By working directly with an experienced agent you ensure that you will have the coverage you need when the time comes.
We offer personalized service when it comes to choosing the insurance coverage you need. It's almost like having Flo personally help you.