Earthquake is not a covered peril under a traditional homeowners insurance policy.
Earthquake insurance is a separate endorsement added to your policy. Here are a few key things to note about earthquake insurance:
- Considering that loss due to an earthquake frequently it is a total loss it is not unusual to see high deductibles, normally up to 15% of the property value.
- The allowance for your personal property is much lower. This is because an earthquake is more likely to damage the structure itself, rather than the contents.
- The exclusions are different. An earthquake policy may not cover the loss of landscaping, fencing, swimming pools, chandeliers, or china without specifically being named in the policy.
- Loss of use allowances are lower than a traditional homeowners insurance policy. This is the provision in the insurance policy that provides you lodging while your home is under repair.
- Rates vary depending on location and likelihood of an earthquake in your area.
Get local and friendly service when it comes to auto and home insurance.
If you live in the Niles, Warren Ohio community or the surrounding then we are looking to service your insurance needs. By working directly with an experienced agent you ensure that you will have the coverage you need when the time comes.