We believe that everyone should carry flood insurance, whether or not you live in a flood zone. The situations that can cause flooding, such as heavy rain, melting snow, or severe coastal weather, can happen in areas that are not considered high flood risk areas. If you do live in a flood zone, the bank that holds your mortgage may require you to carry flood insurance.
It's important to note that most homeowners insurance policies do not include flood insurance. It's an added coverage.
What Flood Insurance Typically Covers
- The insured building as well as its foundation
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing systems
- HVAC systems, such as air conditioning, water heater, and furnace
- Carpeting, paneling, wallboard, cabinets, and book cases
- Window blinds
- Detached garage (normally up to 10% of building property coverage)
- Removal of debris
- Clothing, furniture, electronics
- Portable/window air conditioners
- Portable microwaves and dishwashers
- Washers and Dryers
- Freezers and the food within
- Certain valuables (up to limits defined in the policy)
What Is Not Covered By Flood Insurance
- Avoidable damage caused by mold or mildew
- Currency, precious metals, valuable papers such as stock certificates
- Property outside the building such as septic systems, landscaping, fences, swimming pools, etc.
- Living expenses
- Temporary housing
- Financial loss caused by loss of use or interruption to a business
- Self propelled vehicles such as cars
Coverage In Basements may be limited. This can be defined as any area below the lowest elevated floor, including crawl spaces, walk out basements, and enclosed areas under elevated buildings.
Please contact us for details. We'd love to help you.
You can check your risk for flooding at www.floodtools.com
Get local and friendly service when it comes to auto and home insurance.
If you live in the Niles, Warren Ohio community or the surrounding then we are looking to service your insurance needs. By working directly with an experienced agent you ensure that you will have the coverage you need when the time comes.